Friends of Monmouth School, or FOMS for short, is the Parents and Teachers’ Association for Monmouth School for Boys. We are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, Number 1086096.
We raise funds for projects requested by pupils and staff that would not normally be covered by the school, but which will enhance the boys’ education and enjoyment of school.
Popular fundraising events include the annual Quiz and Curry night, and Christmas Market. We also run social events to help parents/guardians connect with others such as the Year 7 new parents’ breakfast, and our ‘Meet, Walk, and Talk’ sessions – guided walks in the local area, usually on a Saturday.
Anyone can join FOMS – parents/guardians of current or former pupils, staff members, Old Monmothians, and local community members. It’s a great way to:
- CONNECT with other parents/guardians of pupils
- Have a VOICE in the activities organised, and supported projects
- Use your skills and talents to MAKE A DIFFERENCE
If you would like to get involved, please email email@example.com
Wishing you a warm welcome to FOMS and the Monmouth School for Boys community.
FOMS events Michaelmas term 2022
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise stated
- Saturday 17th, Year 7 welcome breakfast, 8:45am, Hitchcock Pavilion (no charge)
- Friday 7th, Quiz and Curry, 7:30pm, Hitchcock Pavilion – ticketsFOMS@gmail.com
- Saturday 3rd, Christmas Market, 11:00am – 2:30pm, Blake Theatre – email@example.com
- Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th, Christmas Wreath Making, 7pm-9pm, Girls School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lions’ Den presentations – 24th January and 1st February
- Spring Wine Tasting – March
- Monmouth’s Got Talent, Blake Theatre – 2nd March
- Meet, Walk, and Talk – Saturdays (no charge)
- Sports Day refreshments, June/July
- Quiz & Curry night, October
- Christmas Market, December