Many of our Sixth Form students enjoy enrichment courses in addition to their A level subjects. These courses are designed to enhance skills and knowledge, develop strong leadership skills and encourage a real sense of community values.
We also run a diverse range of activities including our sector-leading Monmouth Science Initiative with Cardiff University, award winning entries in the Young Enterprise Scheme and national engineering competitions.
We offer a range of courses that will:
- Broaden students’ horizons
- Help students experience subjects and areas of interest outside of their A levels
- Give students a chance to gain recognised qualifications
- Offer students intellectual and physical challenges
- Enable Sixth Form students to gain skills for the next step in their lives
Students will be equipped with essential skills such as:
- Good communication
- The ability to work under pressure
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Problem solving
- A variety of extra-curricular activities
- Dealing with clients/customers
- Ability to show initiative
- Identifying the needs of other people
- Self-reflection; analysing performance
For more details about the Enrichment programme in Monmouth Schools Sixth Form, please email us.
Mr Nick Goodson
6th Form Enrichment Co-ordinator