Latest News« Back to News
Friends of HMSG present the HMSG Food Festival and Photography CompetitionFebruary 5th, 2015
On 12th March, Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls is celebrating the imminent arrival of spring with its second annual Food Festival and you are invited to join us for what is shaping up to be the gastronomic experience of the year. It will take place in the Main Hall and Garden Room, from 10am to 3pm. Entry is free to all.
- Meet local producers with a mouth-watering range of speciality foods and drinks to taste and buy, from honey to cheese and from beef to fine wines
- Learn from the professionals – series of demonstrations by top local chefs (advance booking required – more details will be given soon)
- Enter the Grand Epicurean Raffle
- Explore our outside Food Court and enjoy the delicious dishes available
HMSG’s first food festival goes down a treat!
In conjunction with the Food Festival, Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls is holding a competition for the best photographs on the theme of ‘Food’. These may be artistic, quirky, humorous, beautiful …. the choice is yours.
Suitably food-themed prizes will be awarded for the best three entries in the following age categories:
- 11 years and under
- 12 – 16 years (inclusive)
- 17 years and over.
The winners will also each receive a professionally printed and mounted copy of their image.
All photographs must be the entrant’s own original work and we regret that we are unable to accept entries from professional photographers. Images taken on digital cameras, smart phones, tablets and so on are all welcome and entries which make use of post-processing are also acceptable.
The winning photographs will be displayed at the Food Festival on 12th March, together with a large selection of other entries, and all visitors to the Festival will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite overall image.
There is no charge for entry and submissions (limited to one per person, please) must be received no later than midday on Monday 29th February 2016.
Get the camera out and those creative juices flowing!
Food Photography Competition Rules
All entries must be received by midday on MONDAY 29th FEBRUARY. Entries received after this date may not be considered.
- All entries must in the form of a photographic print. (Tip: the appearance of your photograph will be improved if it is printed on a photo printer with photo quality paper.) Images may be in colour or in black and white. We regret that we are unable to return any photographs.
- Each person may only enter one image.
- Please use a paperclip to attach your entry form to the photograph you are submitting. Do not write on the print itself.
- Images taken on digital cameras, smart phones, tablets etc. are all welcome and photographs which make use of post-processing are acceptable.
- Photographs must be your own original work.
- We regret that we cannot accept entries from professional photographers.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The winning photographs will be revealed at the Food Festival.
- By entering the Competition, you agree that the organisers may display your image (along with your name and age category) at the Food Festival on 12th March 2016 and elsewhere, at their discretion, and may use your image for publicity and for other non-commercial purposes in connection with this or future such events.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best 3 entries in each age category as shown below. The finalists will also be offered the opportunity to have their winning image professionally printed and mounted (kindly provided by the professional photographer, Mr J P Kavanagh) subject to supplying a suitable high resolution file to the organisers. Finalists will be notified prior to 12th March.
- The winning photographs will be displayed at the Food Festival, together with a selection of other entries.
By submitting your entry, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions.