Year 2 will be taking part in Forest School on Friday afternoons this term.
Our newly trained Forest School Leaders, Miss Cross and her assistant, Mrs Cameron, with the help of Forest School enthusiast Mrs Powell, will be treating the children to a wide variety of activities each week. They will be working together to ensure the sessions give every child the best possible opportunities to achieve.
Activities undertaken at Forest School might include the following:-
- Field Studies Activities – mini beast hunts, tree identification, bird watching, life cycle games.
- Sensory Activities – games to do with colour, smell, sound, touch, blindfold games.
- Bushcraft – shelter building, knot use, fire lighting and cooking, wild foods, whittling.
- Woodland Crafts – willow crafts, natural jewellery, weaving, natural dyes, traditional crafts.
- Team building and trust games – blindfold games, circle games, problem solving activities, team games.
- Wildlife conservation – tree planting, nest box construction, coppicing, fence/path building.
- Imaginative activities – story telling, drama, role play, songs.
- Physical play – tree climbing, log dragging, digging. Construction – shelter building, rope swings, pulleys.
The Year 2 children making ladders at Agincourt Forest School
The Year 2 children are taking part in Forest School activities on Friday afternoons this term. They are learning new skills, how to work as a team and making the most of our fantastic grounds and natural resources. Tristan is wearing the Gopro camera for this session, so enjoy seeing Forest School from his perspective.
|More photos available on our FlickR gallery|