- A warm welcome
- Online assessments
- Sixth Form Information Evening (Virtual)
- Year 6 Activity Morning - November 2020
- Virtual Open Days - October 2020
- Overseas Admissions
- Interactive prospectus
- Online registration form
2) Bake Off
Having seen the science behind the baking, it’s now your chance to rise to the culinary challenge.
Please ask your mum or dad for help as you follow the simple instructions below to bake a batch of delicious Lemon Muffins.
Please don’t forget to share all your pictures and videos with us on social media using #habsmissionimpossible
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g white sugar
- 1 lemon finely zested and juiced
- 10 muffin cases
- 1 egg
- 240ml milk
- 90ml vegetable oil
- Large mixing bowl
- Jug or small bowl
- Fork Grater
- Juicer Chopping board
- Small knife
- Wooden spoon
- Cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and line a 10-hole muffin tin with large paper cases.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Using a fork, beat together the milk, oil, egg and lemon juice in a jug. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are
just wet. (do not overmix or your muffins will become tough).
- Working quickly, divide the mixture between the cases – they should be about three-quarters full. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the muffins are slightly brown and spring back when touched.
- Cool on a wire rack
Lemon Muffin Recipe Card (PDF – 624kB)