We measure success not just in terms of academic results, but also in the contributions that Sixth Formers make within school, and further afield. Our enrichment programme gives students the freedom to make choices and balance work commitments with other interests.
Many of our Sixth Form students enjoy enrichment courses in addition to their A level subjects. These courses are designed to enhance skills and knowledge, develop strong leadership skills and encourage a real sense of community values.
We also run a diverse range of activities including our sector leading Monmouth Science Initiative with Cardiff University, award winning entries in the Young Enterprise Scheme and national engineering competitions.
What is Sixth Form Enrichment?
Our Sixth Form Enrichment programme gives students the freedom to make choices and balance work commitments with other interests. It is currently delivered on a Wednesday and a Friday and varies from Japanese culture: living and working in Japan to Football leadership.
We offer a range of courses that will:
- Broaden our students’ horizons
- Help students experience subjects and areas of interest outside of their A levels
- Give our students a chance to gain recognised qualifications
- Offer students intellectual and physical challenges
- Enable our Sixth Form students to gain skills for the next step of their lives
Provide our students with qualities that universities, colleges and employers looking for:
- Good communication skills
- People who can work under pressure
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Problem solving
- A variety of extra-curricular activities
- Dealing with clients/customers
- Ability to show initiative
- Identifying the needs of other people
- Self-reflection; analysing performance
For more details about the enrichment opportunities in Monmouth Schools Sixth Form, please contact Mr Nick Goodson by e-mailing: Goodson.Nick@habsmonmouth.org