Our spacious school shop carries a wide range of items intended to provide for the day to day needs of pupils.
Stock items include:
- All items of regulation uniform, including shoes, for all years at Monmouth School for Girls and Girls’ Prep
- Socks, tights, and hair accessories
- School bags
- Dance, swim, and sports wear
- A limited selection of sports equipment
- Stationery and art materials
- Greetings cards, postage stamps, and phone cards
Second Hand Department
Selected items of current regulation uniform are available in ‘nearly new’ condition.
The shop is open on school inset days when normal term time hours apply. The shop is open normal term time hours on the last day of each half and full term. The shop is closed during all holidays apart from August.
Normal Opening Hours
|Monday to Thursday||9:30am – 12:00pm
12:30pm – 4:30pm
|Friday||9:30am – 12:00pm
12:30pm – 5:30pm
Opening Times during Summer 2019
During the summer holidays we operate an appointment system to provide an efficient service and to reduce waiting time.
Parents can make appointments:-
- From Monday 5th August – Friday 30th August, weekdays only, between the hours of 9.00am and 2.00pm. Apart from Monday 26th August when the shop is closed for the bank holiday. The shop is also open from 3-4pm each day for general sales. Please, if you need more than a few quick items, make an appointment to avoid long waiting times.
- Monday 2nd September and Tuesday 3rd September are reserved for our overseas boarders only.
- The shop is also open during the evening on Wednesday 4th September and Thursday 5th September from 4.30pm until 6.00pm for general sales.
Please phone Mrs Sharon Gale on 01600 711225 or email email@example.com to arrange your appointments as soon as possible. Appointments are limited, so please try and book early. Please allow an hour for your appointment.
When emailing please make the heading clear by adding “Uniform Fitting” and your daughter’s name so that it can be identified as genuine correspondence by our school spam filter.
Download a pdf guide for our Summer 2019 opening times (PDF – 189Kb)
Frequently Asked Questions
Methods of Payment
Cash, Cheque or major Credit Cards
Second Hand Department
Second hand purchases can only be paid for using cheque or cash or added to your school bill once term has started.
Carrier Bag Charge
To comply with Welsh Assembly law, we are required to charge for carrier bags. Our charge is 5p per bag, but we are happy for you to bring your own.
During term time, unless you advise otherwise, pupils are allowed to put purchases on to their school bill, to a limit of £150 per term.