Friends of Monmouth School for Girls
Our aim is to be a welcoming and proactive network which brings parents together, creates a sense of community and builds strong relationships with the school; a network which ultimately helps enhance the educational, social and life experiences of all our daughters.
Friends is your PTA. We strive to make a difference and we need your support to help us.
Every parent is automatically a member of Friends and currently the majority of our funding is provided by subscriptions, supplemented by Gift Aid as we are a registered Charity. We use those funds to support a wide range of projects. In the pas they have included a climbing wall, the Prep Department Library Bus, Sports and extra-curricular equipment, a new 3D printer for the DT department, steps down to the sports pitches, a Laser cutter, Year 6 Leavers hoodies, prizes, awards, cups and a new Girls Rowing boat.
Socially we arrange a variety of events every year from Bacon Butty Fridays, Quiz night to Christmas Wreath making. Our ’End of Term-ly Tea’ is timed to make sure Boarding parents who come to collect their daughter scan join in too and we are always hope to new ideas. Friends is an opportunity to connect with other families, put faces to names, get involved (as much or as little as you like) and to help make a genuine difference. If you can’t join us in person we are always open to linking you up via Zoom so you can join in the conversation.
You can also join us on our Facebook page where we shall ensure all news is posted!
Friends meet twice a term to plan events, allocate funding and discus any other issues which arise. All of our meetings are informal and friendly and everyone is welcome!
To learn more about us please do consider coming to one of our meetings. We promise to make you feel welcome! To join us on facebook please click the link or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.
Maxine Smiles Cooke – Chair
Projects which have received funding
Projects which have received funding:
- Girls Rowing Boat
- Lazer Cutter
- Sports Shelter
- Prizes and fees for the Blacklock Music Awards
- Attendance at the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- Year 6 Leavers’ Hoodies 2017
- A 3D printer for the Senior School DT Department
- The Girls’ Prep Library Bus
- The Climbing Wall in the refurbished Sports Hall
- The Espresso learning resource for Monmouth School Girls’ Prep
- Prizes for the Junior Music Competition
- Equipment for the Sewing Club at Monmouth School Girls’ Prep
- Windbreaks, scoreboards and court numbers for the new Tennis Academy
- A dishwasher for the Garden Room
- House cups for Effort and Competitions
- Springboards for the Gymnastics Club
- Equipment, including a new camera and radio microphone system, for HMSGTV
- New bases for the Softball Club
- An honours board for the Eisteddfod
- The Joint Schools Literary Festival
- Costumes for a new school production
|Chair:||Maxine Smiles Cooke|
|For any enquiries, please email: email@example.com|