Friends of Monmouth School for Girls
Friends of Monmouth School for Girls provides an active link between parents, staff and others associated with both Senior School and Prep Department.
Our aim is to be a welcoming and proactive network which brings parents together, creates a sense of community and builds strong relationships with the school; a network which ultimately helps enhance the educational, social and life experiences of all our daughters.
Friends is your PTFA. We strive to make a difference and we need your support to help us.
Every parent is automatically a member of Friends and currently the majority of our funding is provided by subscriptions, supplemented by Gift Aid as we are a registered Charity. We use those funds to support a wide range of projects; in recent years they’ve included… the climbing wall, Prep Department Library Bus, sports and extra-curricular equipment, new 3D printer for the DT department, steps down to the sports pitches, the Shakespeare Schools Festival, Year 6 Leavers’ hoodies, prizes, awards and cups: the list goes on!
Socially, we arrange a variety of events every year: from Jazz Cafés to Bacon Butty Fridays! Our ‘End of Term-ly Tea’ is timed to make sure Boarding parents who come to collect their daughters can join in too; and we’re always open to new ideas. Friends is an opportunity to connect with other families, put faces to names, get involved (as much or as little as you like) and to help make a genuine difference. If you can’t join us in person, you can always join us on Facebook… and we’re trialling ‘digital’ meetings via WhatsApp for spring 2018 too (watch this space!)
Friends meets twice a term to plan events, allocate funding and discuss any other issues which arise. Our meetings are informal and friendly: everyone is welcome, so please do come along.
To learn more about Friends, you can come to a meeting, join us on Facebook or drop me an email: email@example.com… I’d love to hear from you.
Clare Westbrook – Chair
Projects which have received funding
Friends provide financial support for projects which enrich and enhance school life for our girls.
During the past two years, Friends have funded:
- Sports Shelter
- Prizes and fees for the Blacklock Music Awards
- Attendance at the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- Year 6 Leavers’ Hoodies 2017
- A 3D printer for the Senior School DT Department
- The Girls’ Prep Library Bus
- The Climbing Wall in the refurbished Sports Hall
- The Espresso learning resource for Monmouth School Girls’ Prep
- Prizes for the Junior Music Competition
- Equipment for the Sewing Club at Monmouth School Girls’ Prep
- Windbreaks, scoreboards and court numbers for the new Tennis Academy
- A dishwasher for the Garden Room
- House cups for Effort and Competitions
- Springboards for the Gymnastics Club
- Equipment, including a new camera and radio microphone system, for HMSGTV
- New bases for the Softball Club
- An honours board for the Eisteddfod
- The Joint Schools Literary Festival
- Costumes for a new school production
|Secretary:||Staff member present|
|For any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org|