Foundation Sixth Form Year
This programme allows students from outside the UK to complete IGCSE courses in one year and then proceed to study A levels or the IB in the UK.
- Normally, IGCSE courses take two years but by using intensive teaching, modern facilities and working with students in small groups, the schools are able to prepare students for these examinations in just one year.
- One Year IGCSE students are integrated into boarding, pastoral and the schools’ social life providing a perfect preparation for Sixth Form study and a much broarder education experience than that offered by an international school in the UK.
Depending on their age and level of english, students can take up to 6 IGCSE subjects in a year.
The course is 3 terms from September to July for students aged between 15-16 years old.
We offer up to 6 IGCSE examinations with the following compulsory subjects:
- English as a Second Language
- Own Language
- Dual Award Science (Biology, Physics and Chemistry, equivalent to two IGCSEs).
We are happy to discuss the additional sixth subject, contingent on availability and timetabling.
Lessons follow the normal school day.
Why study at Monmouth School for Girls?
- A School with outstanding academic results
- Average 88% A* – B grades
- Small class sizes
- Specialist teachers
- A caring yet disciplined environment
- High standard of facilities
- Full and varied programme of activities
- Excellent pastoral care
- Boarding is home from home
- Value for money fees
Living at Monmouth School for Girls
Monmouth School for Girls’ boarders live in one of the senior boarding houses and are cared for by dedicated house staff. We want to help students to adjust to boarding school life in a small, happy, safe and friendly environment. There is a health centre on the campus providing 24 hour medical care. Good telephone and wireless access throughout the campus makes it easy for students to keep in touch with home.
Bedrooms are usually allocated on an age basis with the older students either sharing a twin room or having their own single study bedroom. The bedrooms are comfortable and well equipped.
The school provides three hot meals a day for students. All students in Monmouth School for Girls eat together in the dining room. The food is offered as a buffet selection and includes fresh vegetables, fruit and desserts. There is plenty of choice so all diets are catered for.
Monmouth School for Girls is well known for offering students a rich and varied life outside of the classroom. We encourage all our students to try new sports and activities. This is a good opportunity for our students to make friends with British Students.
Some of the activities our students take part in are:
|Archery||Astronomy Club||Book Club|
|Canoeing and Kayaking||Chamber Choir||Creative Writing Club|
|Computer Club||Cross Country||Dance|
|Debating||Drama Productions||Duke of Edinburgh|
|Fitness Suite||German Stammtisch||Golf|
|Greek Club||Horse Riding||Lacrosse|
|Life Class (Art)||Maths Surgery||Netball|
|One Act Playwriting||Orchestra||Photography|
|Rowing||Science Film Club||Swimming|
- Register with the school
- Sit Mathematics and English entrance papers
- Have a Skype interview
- Place accepted
Admissions: Mrs Karen Stafford-Smith
T: +44 (0) 1600 711104 Email: email@example.com
|Monmouth School for Girls Foundation Sixth Form Year||£33,498 for three terms|
|Music fees are currently||£22.50 individual lesson
£14.40 shared lesson
|LAMDA Speech and Drama lessons||£175 per term for solo lessons
£120 for duo
£105 for groups
|Dance lessons (booked termly)||£7.00 per hour
£4.70 per 40 minutes
£3.50 per 30 minutes