Latest News« Back to News
HMSG’s 125 Anniversary Concert Tickets and InformationMarch 17th, 2017
As you are hopefully aware, 2017 marks HMSG’s 125th anniversary and we shall be honouring this milestone in the history of the Haberdashers’ Monmouth Schools through a number of events throughout the year.
To showcase the cultural life of the schools, on the 26th March we are hosting a Choral and Orchestral concert at St David’s Hall in Cardiff. The programme will include performances by the Haberdashers’ Monmouth Schools’ Symphony Orchestra, Senior Strings and a composite choir which will include choristers from:
- Inglefield House Year 6
- The Grange Prep IV
- HMSG Years 7-8; Concert Choir and Chamber Choir
- Monmouth School Form I and Choral Society
The concert begins at 17.00 and will end at around 18.30. Tickets are available from the St David’s Hall website http://stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk/ and we would encourage you all to book tickets as soon as possible.
We very much hope that you will all be able to join us and that our hosting it on Mothering Sunday adds to the occasion, making it both a special family evening out and a celebration of the contribution of women to education and the arts.
Information for pupils and parents
All performers will be required to travel to the concert on coaches provided by the school. To ensure that the concert is of the highest standard, we will start rehearsing in St David’s Hall from 1.00p.m. on the day and so aim to leave HMSG by 11.15a.m. Coaches will return to Monmouth after the concert unless parents request that they collect their children from the concert venue. A packed tea will be provided but performers are advised to bring lunch with them.
Workshops will take place throughout the term, attendance at which is essential, and the dates and times for these are as follows:
- 12.03.17 – 125th Anniversary Concert rehearsal 13.00 – 16.00 (HMSG School Hall) – This will include boys from MS who wish to, girls from Year 7 & 8, plus Prep IV Grange from 13.00 – 14.45.
- 19.03.17 – 125th Anniversary Concert rehearsal for HMSSO, 11.00 – 16.00 (MS Music School). The rehearsal on Sunday 19th March is for orchestral players only, singers are not expected to attend.
On the day of the concert, 26th March:
- Senior Strings and HMSSO will arrive at St David’s Hall at 13.00. The stage will be set ready for rehearsal.
- 13.30 – 14.05 Senior strings
- 14.10 – 15.20 HMSSO
- Year 6 Inglefield and Prep IV Grange will arrive at 15.00
- Anniversary Orchestra and combined Choral forces rehearse Karl Jenkins from 15.25 – 16.30
- Concert begins 17.00 and should be finished by 18.30.
- All Monmouth School boys participating will leave on buses from Monmouth School at 11:15am.