Foundation Sixth Form Year
This programme allows students from outside the UK to complete IGCSE courses in one year and then proceed to study A levels or the IB in the UK.
- Normally, IGCSE courses take two years but by using intensive teaching, modern facilities and working with students in small groups, the schools are able to prepare students for these examinations in just one year.
- One Year IGCSE students are integrated into boarding, pastoral and the schools’ social life providing a perfect preparation for Sixth Form study and a much broarder education experience than that offered by an international school in the UK.
Depending on their age and level of english, students can take up to 6 IGCSE subjects in a year.
The course is 3 terms from September to July for students aged between 15-16 years old.
We offer up to 6 IGCSE examinations with the following compulsory subjects:
- English as a Second Language
- Own Language
- Dual Award Science (Biology, Physics and Chemistry, equivalent to two IGCSEs).
We are happy to discuss the additional sixth subject, contingent on availability and timetabling.
Lessons follow the normal school day and Saturday morning.
Why study at Monmouth School for Boys?
- A School with outstanding academic results
- Average 88% A* – B grades
- Small class sizes
- Specialist teachers
- A caring yet disciplined environment
- High standard of facilities
- Full and varied programme of activities
- Excellent pastoral care
- Boarding is home from home
- Value for money fees
Living at Monmouth School for Boys
Monmouth School for Boys’ boarders live in one of the senior boarding houses and are cared for by dedicated house staff. We want to help students to adjust to boarding school life in a small, happy, safe and friendly environment. There is a health centre on the campus providing 24 hour medical care. Good telephone and wireless access throughout the campus makes it easy for students to keep in touch with home.
Bedrooms are usually allocated on an age basis with the older students either sharing a twin room or having their own single study bedroom. The bedrooms are comfortable and well equipped.
The school provides three hot meals a day for students. All students in Monmouth School for Boys eat together in the dining room. The food is offered as a buffet selection and includes fresh vegetables, fruit and desserts. There is plenty of choice so all diets are catered for.
Monmouth School for Boys is well known for offering pupils a rich and varied life outside of the classroom. We encourage all our students to try new sports and activities.
Some of the activities our pupils take part in are:
|Archery||Art Club||Astonomy Club|
|Brass Band||Brass Ensemble||Canoeing and Kayaking|
|Ceramics Club||Chamber Choir||Chess Club|
|Choral Society||Classics Club||Computing Club|
|Creative Writing Club||Cross Country||Cricket|
|Debating||Design & Technology Club||Drama Productions|
|Duke of Edinburgh Award||Fencing||Football|
|Garage Bands||Golf||History Discussion Group|
|Horse Riding||Jazz Orchestra||Life Class (Art)|
|Literary Society||Minecraft projects||Music Theory|
|Revolutio (book club)||Rowing||Rugby|
|Softball||Squash Coaching||String Chamber Music|
|Trampolining||Ultimate Frisbee||Water Polo|
|Wind Chamber Music|
- Register with the school
- Sit Mathematics and English entrance papers
- Have a Skype interview
- Place accepted
Admissions: Miss Ellie Townsend, Admissions Registrar
T: 00 44 (0)1600 710433 Email: email@example.com
|Monmouth School for Boys Foundation Sixth Form Year||£33,498 for three terms|
|Music fees are currently:||£26.25 individual lesson
£16.80 shared lesson
|Rowing:||£195 per annum|